• For all LAFF’s competitions, submitted films should be directed by African filmmakers, the story should take place in Africa and the plot must be related to Africa.
The African Diaspora competition only accepts submissions from African directors living outside Africa.
• Submitted films could apply to one of the following official competitions:
1-Official Long Film Competition: accepting long documentary films or long narrative films exceeding 60 minutes
2-Official Short Film Competition: accepting short documentary, short narrative, short experimental or short animation films not exceeding 30 minutes
3-African Diaspora Competition: accepting long documentary or long narrative films exceeding 60 minutes. This section is dedicated to films made by African directors or directors of African origins living outside Africa.
4-Egyptian Student film competition: documentary, narrative, experimental or animation not exceeding 30 minutes
• Submitted Films should be 2022 production
• LAFF’s Selection Committee will finalize the list of participating films for each of LAFF’s competitions.
• submitted films should not have been screened in Egypt before the dates of LAFF 2023.
• Submission call starts on the 5th of August, 2022 until the 1st December 2022.
• Deadline to receive the application form, an HD screener is the 1st of December 2022.
• LAFF is not obliged to return the received material if a film was not selected.
• Received material will not be used in any commercial activities.
• LAFF management will announce the selected films by the 20th of December, 2022.
• Filmmakers of selected films should send the English timecoded subtitles of their films and HD Link Copy “without subtitles or watermarks” for LAFF to create Arabic subtitles.
• Filmmakers of selected films should send the final screening copy in DCP Format, subtitled in English to LAFF prior to January 10, 2023.
• Selected films will be screened two times during LAFF’s edition except for the winning films that will be re-screened in non-profit cultural centers after LAFF’s edition in Cairo and Alexandria.
The undersigned attests that (s) he has the right to request the participation their films in LAFF and that all the information provided is correct and that (s) he agrees on LAFF regulations. By signing this application, I confirm I have film’s rights for international exhibition and I cannot withdraw the film after being selected in LAFF.
Deadline to receive applications and HD screeners is the 1st of December 2022.
Luxor African Film Festival (LAFF)
33 Haroun St. First Floor, Apt. 02
Dokki, Giza 12311, Cairo, Egypt
Film Submission Closed as deadline reached