Call for Entry - STEP Film Lab
ETISAL’s STEP 1st or 2nd Fiction Feature Film Workshop (STEP Film Lab)
The call to ETISAL’s STEP Film Lab is now open!
Following last year’s successful edition of the program, which hosted the development of 6 feature documentary projects by young African directors, led by director of Dox Box, Jihan El-Tahri. ETISAL launches this year’s edition, aimed at developing 1st or 2nd fiction/narrative feature projects.
STEP (Space to Establish Partnerships) is the ETISAL Fund’s second program. ETISAL’s mission is to help young African filmmakers, not only in expressing their skills and talents freely through filmmaking, but also in promoting their work globally.
“STEP Film Lab” will be held in Luxor, Egypt, during the 9th edition of Luxor African Film Festival, 6 - 12 March 2020 and will host 5-6 projects. The workshop aims to help the participating projects reach their maximum potential, enhance the qualities of the script material and clarify the dramatic components of the screenplay.
This unique intensive workshop is aiming to help the directors develop their projects during the pre-production phase, developing the story, the vision and preparing for the production. It’s addressed only to African directors living in Africa, developing their 1st or 2nd fiction feature film.
All costs (air tickets + accommodation) will be covered by LAFF.
The workshop is led by active and internationally acclaimed directors in the field.
Conditions of Participation
1. The submitted project should be the first or second fiction/narrative feature film for its director.
2. The working language of the workshop is English or French, thus a good knowledge of English or French is essential.
3. The credit "Developed through ETISAL STEP Film Lab - Luxor African Film Festival" must be mentioned on all future versions of the developed script, and on the credits of the final film produced from this script.
4. One copy of the final script draft has to be sent to STEP Film Lab.
5. Once the film is produced, based on the script developed within LAFF workshop, one DVD copy of this film - after touring in festivals - must kindly be sent to ETISAL Fund (STEP Film Lab) for LAFF’s records.
6. Applicants should be maximum 35 year old at the start of the workshop.
7. Applicants should confirm their full availability for the entire duration of the workshop.
8. Only one responsible per project could be invited by LAFF, preferably the director.
9. By submitting and agreeing to participate in this workshop, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed above and to take responsibility for it.
All to be submitted in one single PDF file
1. Synopsis (1 page max).
2. Treatment (10-12 pages).
3. Full script.
4. Director’s intention note (3 pages max).
5. Artistic vision for the project.
6. Production company profile.
7. Curriculum vitae for each of the producer, director & writer (including bios and filmographies)
8. Letters of intent/support (from production company, broadcasters, financiers, attached distributor or sales rep, and/or other professionals).
9. A detailed financing plan and budget (in Euro or USD).
10. A copy of (or link to) the director’s previous film(s), accompanied with English or French subtitles.
All correspondences should be sent to the following e-mail: email@example.com
Please write “STEP Film Lab Submission” in the subject.
Deadline for submissions is 31 January 2020.
We are looking forward to receiving your projects.
Applying for workshop is closed as deadline reached